Grades 6 to Grade 10 constitute Miranda’s Secondary School. By the time students advance to the secondary school, they’re already at crossroads – pressured to map out future academic and career choices. To ease the pressure, we equip the students with everything they need to make an informed choice. Career counselling, opportunities to hone their creative, management and leadership skills, academic challenges and regular assessments form the crux of the secondary school.
The secondary school curriculum is academically rigorous. In addition to the regular curriculum as defined by the respective education boards, students also start preparing for various competitive exams like NTSE, Geogenius and Olympiad etc. Foundation programs, specifically designed for students in Grades VII to X, are seamlessly introduced into the curriculum to help them with competitive exams.
To enable pupils to cope with the syllabi and retain the knowledge more effectively, we encourage the students to experiment with various approaches at learning. Classroom instruction, instructive videos, audio-visual aids, hands on activities, experimentation, technological tools, field trips, industry visits and self-guided projects are used to teach and inspire. This sets the students on the path of self-motivated learning and teachers move to the roles of mentors and knowledge facilitators.
1. The curriculum followed by Miranda is as defined by two distinct education boards.
• State Syllabus
• ICSE Syllabus
2. Students drive the school CA (Club Activity) program. They are presented with leadership roles at school events, Sports and Cultural competitions, where they imbibe the qualities of sportsmanship, team-spirit, perseverance and resilience.
3. An attempt is made to align the school assessment for Science subjects with that of Checkpoint & ICSE by holding a practical component.
4. Foundation Program to strengthen the basics with pre-class learning preparation within school hours.
5. ALP (Adaptive Learning Program) that enables children the habit of self-learning with its unique ideology.
6. Life skill programs and Talent Identifying Clubs to boost their confidence, self-esteem, Team work and Leadership qualities.